Friday, February 26, 2010

When I'm a Dad...


Dylan tells me almost daily right now what he will drive when he's a dad. It's always something monstrous like a big truck, Ford Expedition or Lincoln Navigator. I have tried to explain that the mom needs the big vehicle to drive the kids around. He says, "no, mom, you drive the Honda Civic." So I just think it is funny because he talks about what he will drive when he's a dad, but I've never heard a mention about the wife or kids. Typical boy or autism boy? Hmmm...

Dylan also really loves to approach people and talk to them. On the one hand, I want to shout, do you know how long this has taken? Do you know how much we have paid to get him to want to interact with you? But on the other hand, he always wants to ask them which model of Acura they like, what color and year. Or he will ask if they prefer Windows XP or 2000. Truth is, most people, especially his age, don't know. So they give him blank stares back. And Dylan looks at them like, duh, everyone has a favorite car or computer model at the top of their heads! Well, come on, rest of the world, can't you have one at the top of your head????

No comments: